You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Histogram display in Levels adjustment dialog

• Staff

Hi Hubert,

Well that is odd, on Mac the Histogram on the Levels Adjustment is in colour.  Having searched the Forums and our fault logging system, i can't see this has come up before now and can't think why this would be in gray on Windows and colour on Mac :( 

I've logged it as a bug and will update here when i've had comment from the Dev team :) 

I also noticed the Grey Histogram on the Levels Adjustment, and the Curves adjustment. However I can't recall the Histogram for the Levels Adjustment being color. :35_thinking:

EDITED:

I reinstalled the 1.6.5 version just to see if I may have been missing something. Nope, the Histogram in the Levels Adjustment was grey not color. I think the Windows version of AP never displayed a color histogram for the Levels Adjustment or Curves Adjustment. Always been grey.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

I didn't claim it was colored in previous versions, I was just wondering, since in the affinity tutorial (MAC) it's colored.

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

1 hour ago, HVDB Photography said:

I didn't claim it was colored in previous versions, I was just wondering, since in the affinity tutorial (MAC) it's colored.

Yes I know that, and didn't suggest you did. I done the reinstall of the earlier version just to confirm in my mind I had not just missed or overlooked that, based on Stokerg's post, where Mac's are in color.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After editing a couple of pictures I don't get the histogram in levels adjustment at all anymore. I have to restart the program.

LevelAdjustment.jpg

Affinity Photo 2.0.4  |   Affinity Designer 1.10.5.1342 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.5.1342

Windows 10 Pro 22H2 64bit | Intel Core i7 8750H @ 2.2 GHz | Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (Studio Driver) | Intel UHD Graphics 630 | 16 GB Dual Channel DDR4

https://www.flickr.com/photos/owlp

• 2 weeks later...