You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys, I really need your help. I don't know if I can tag the support staff from Publisher, or most experienced users. 

I would like to know if there's a way to make sequencing numbers automatically. 

I need to make a weekly planner, and put the days numbers in specific places on the facing spread. So it's the same spread, repeated 4 or 5 times (depending on the month), and the numbers go from 1-31 and then restart next on 1 for next month. I made a sketch (attached). So the litle circles are the fixed places on the spread that the numbers should go in to. The week starts on mondays and as an example I put this particular month starting on tuesday, so monday is 31 then the next number is 1. An so goes on.

And that's it, I just really need to do this the fastest way possible. 

I already notice that I can copy-paste excel cells into a publisher table. But then I would have to copy paste on every spread, so it's easier to just type myself. Unless there's a way to make like a table that covers multiple spreads, and I don't think that's possible.

Please, any suggestion is valid. I don't know all the possibilities of publisher, so I'm really hoping for your help. 

Also, if anyone has some sort of model or template that think I can adapt to my purpose, it would be more than welcome! 

Thanks guys <3 

draft weeklyspread.jpeg

Sounds like a numbered list would work to generate the numbers. If you need the count to span multiple tables, you can tick the Global checkbox and change the Restart numbering rule to Manual Only. Then tick Restart numbering now on the first day of each month.

It's probably a good idea to do this in a paragraph style, and possibly have a second style (based on the first) for the first day of the month.

10 hours ago, Dave Harris said:

Sounds like a numbered list would work to generate the numbers. If you need the count to span multiple tables, you can tick the Global checkbox and change the Restart numbering rule to Manual Only. Then tick Restart numbering now on the first day of each month.

It's probably a good idea to do this in a paragraph style, and possibly have a second style (based on the first) for the first day of the month.

OH. MY. GOD.

You've just saved my life. It works perfectly! Thank you so so so much! 

Seriously, thank you!