Jaffa

Suggest a "refresh" option for the Layers Panel

I have just been working at the very initial stages with a pixel layer and duplicate.  I have found often both at home and at

our tutoring sessions (where we can have up to eight desktops and two laptops working) that Affinity Photo frequently shows the 

layers, in the Layers Panel, completely black or completely transparent, when they patently are not!  Sometimes this comes right

later ...................  and sometimes not.  Attached is an example from today.  My suggestion is to have a refresh option for the layers panel

to prompt Affinity to do the job again and fix.

image.thumb.png.2c8c16e1055e4292df859ac14de5225e.png

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 10

Affinity Photo 1.7

Nik Collection

Amd processor 6 Core,  8 Mgs RAM

Out of curiosity, does it work more reliably for you if you turn off the "Checkerboard Background" option in the Layers panel options (hamburger menu)? Or perhaps if you decrease the thumbnail size?

I seem to recall at least one bug report related to those options.

Edit: Also, have you tried the 1.7.2 beta to see if it behaves the same way?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

I have seen this also with adjustment layer thumbnails. 

Website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB   Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I get that all the time here but just thought it was a redraw issue as I'm on an much older computer here - Mac Pro (2011).

It's worse when I use a Depth Of Field blur adjustment too though that I'm guessing is pretty power hungry anyway.