You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Will StudioLink be able to update the original file in upcoming 1.7.2?

As per the thread below, many are concerned that even in the latest Affinity betas any changes made in APub via SL to a linked file, the changes made within SL are not saved to the original APh or AD file, nor is the newly modified graphic changed to an embedded file. Just curious when/if this will be addressed so that we can really start to use this potentially great feature. I was hoping to see this in 1.7.2 but in testing today, still not working.

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Sonoma
iPad Air 2022

This is not really related to StudioLink, it is a function of how linked "embedded documents" work in the Affinity applications right now.

Currently, embedded documents which are "linked" are actually still embedded, but the applications watch for changes to the external file and offer the ability to update the embedded copy when there are external changes.

When you try to modify the "linked" document within the application, it updates the internal copy but not the original file.

I believe the plan is to have these documents more correctly linked later on, similar to the way that linked images work, so that there won't be a separate copy of them embedded into the main document any longer.  My guess is that this issue would be addressed as part of that effort...  but I suppose we will find out when it happens.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.