You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving object renders are laggy on external displays

Hi. I have macbook pro 2016 touchbar with 27” lg 4k display. When i move selections using move tool, the movement becomes laggy, and glitchy. Functionally, it works fine but the graphical lags in movements are not very ideal. Is there a way that could be fixed? I also want to know Does the same issue happens on on better powered MacBooks such as the newest base model macbook pro or the second tier 15 inch model macbook pro? My graphic settings are on metal by the way. 

• Staff

Hi Aaron,

Does the same happen if you disable Metal Compute in Preferences?

Also can you try this in the latest beta (with and without metal enabled) as there have been some fixes for issues with Metal.  You can download the beta from this link: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/95554-affinity-photo-customer-beta-172153-gm/ 

Hi stokerg,

I've tried disabling metal, using openGL, openGL basic, and software, and here are the results:

OpenGL and OpenGL basic did not make much of a difference with Metal

software was completely unusable. 

here attached is a video of how the rendering is in OpenGL and Metal  

Im downloiading the photo beta now and report back if there is any improvements