You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to optimize a file for internet?

Hi, as in my old Macromedia Fireworks, is there a tool in Afinity to set the best smallest file without loosing quality?

Right now, I have a 1200x1600 picture with trees and leaves details.
I want to maintain the quality of the image but reduce its size (pixels and kB).

So far, I did it with several tests export and look at. But the file is still big, even if I change the size, and it is difficult to maintain quality.

IS there a way to optimize it or to immediately see changes before export?

Thanks

Marc

• Staff

Hi Mark,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Currently there's no way to preview the size/quality in realtime as in Fireworks. What I do is export the image at its best quality/adequate format and optimise it in a third party software specifically developed for that purpose. A few of them give you the option to choose between lossy and lossless compression schemes such as ImageOptim (Mac) but in general all keep the quality of the image while reducing file size quite well. Here's a few more options:  JPGmini (Mac and Windows), Optimage (Mac), RIOT (Win), etc.