You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher export pdf print options explanation

I am exporting my document for printing and used pdf export for print option in Publisher. After reviewing the tutorials on print export the presenter mentions using PDF/X 4 for CMYK printing and print for web as another option. I am not sure when to use one vs the other. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Well just make yourself clear what and where the difference is, if you export a document for printing on a physical device like a printer (thus color wise CMYK printing via a printing service, or some printer device on paper), or instead for the web and so namely for devices like computer screens (with sRGB color support) for online reading.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

V_kyr

Sorry I misstated my question. What I meant to ask was pdf for print vs pdf/x4. My document was developed in cmyk. So if it was done in rgb will pdfx4  convert it? I took my document to a printer to get an edge to edge proof and used pdf for print and it looked great, colors very saturated. The print didn’t ask any questions - he just said give me a pdf.

So what does PDfx/4 do differently or better? Both options have a “more” button.

Again the tutorial on this topic does not go into much depth.  

Thanks again

Rich