You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What bugs me, is the fact, that all layers of a placed image will not be shown in the Photo Persona. In my case I have placed an image with a tool with a background behind. Before in APhoto I made a curve to cut out the tool and saved it as .afphoto. If I now switch to the Photo Persona I get the tools for photo editing but the Layers panel is the same as in the Publisher Persona. I would be nice, if the corresponding layers panel would switch too. In Indesign you were able to select if a clipping path should be used or not. Something similar I am looking for in Publisher, so that I can use different versions of the same image.

Maybe someone has a good advice for me? TIA

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi Joachim_L,
Seems you have placed an embedded document (an afphoto file) into a Publisher document. If you switch to Photo Persona it does show the same way as in Publisher (as a placed document - embedded or linked doesn't matter), but if you double-click the placed document on the canvas in Publisher Persona it will open it in a new document tab where switching to Photo Persona does show all the original layers of the afphoto document.

Maybe we could streamline things a bit here. I will talk with the dev team.

Thanks MEB for your answer. Possibly I did not mention the complete story. I placed the .afphoto two times in the document. One version should have the background also and the other version should be only the cut-out. Funny thing is, I did before as you told, but editing one image in the Photo Persona also changed the second placed image the same way. After your comment I tried again and it worked as it should be. Gremlins? O.o

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed