You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Minsk / tramway (incl. metro) / transit diagram

transitdiagrams

Hey again :-)

I make transit maps (diagrams) for fun in my spare time to relax.

Here is my unofficial approach for a transit diagram of the tramway system in Minsk, Belarus. 
To see how it connects with rail and metro I have included it underneath in a more subtle way.

mit_6-9.thumb.png.e85d4e1d28015d049984b2e694413794.png

As always - all feedback is appreciated and welcome!

Have a great day,
Chris

PS: @Wosven in this case the whole tramway network with its connections is shown :-)

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Beautifully done, as usual, Chris. But the lowercase i in “Мiнскi” and elsewhere doesn’t look very Cyrillic! Where did you get that from? Shouldn’t it say “Минский трамвай”?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

20 minutes ago, MattP said:

I really like this - and the subtle way you've added connected transport systems is great! :)

thanks a lot, @MattP :-) I am really proud of this one too.

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Beautifully done, as usual, Chris. But the lowercase i in “Мiнскi” and elsewhere doesn’t look very Cyrillic! Where did you get that from? Shouldn’t it say “Минский трамвай”?

Thank you, @Alfred

This map uses the Belarusian Cyrillic and not Russian Cyrillic. They've slightly different letters and even an i like in Latin alphabets. So your suggestion is right if it were to be in Russian.

A beautifull map, again :)

@Alfred helped sort the part latin alphabet... thanks too!

I can imagine this map in a big display with list of stations and buttons like we have (had? perhaps they removed it) in Paris, where you could search a station in a list of buttons, hit it, and the whole subway line light up and the station blinks (not sure of this last one :D ).

I hated doing (mainly neighborhood) maps until using AD. With it, it's sort of a game and fun, and looking at your work give more impulse to keep on!

Lovely stuff as usual.
I noticed one teeny-tiny issue that I think might be worth mentioning…
About two thirds of the way up near the centre there’s a dashed pink line that bends round from North-West to North-East. At the bend there are three little triangles and I think the lower triangle is the wrong way round (I did say it was a teeny-tiny issue).
Apart from that it’s a great map with a very nice colour scheme.
Impressive as always.
Wosven: We had a railway station near us that had the same sort of board and you’ve just reminded me of it now. (I think I spotted a similar one in the National Railway Museum in York many years ago too.)

39 minutes ago, Wosven said:

A beautifull map, again :)

Thank you so much =)

Now that you say it I remember also a board like this we had at our old main bus station :-) so lovely! Thanks for that thought.

AD is so much fun to use, indeed! I am glad I/my works have that impact on you/your work :-)  That positive impulse makes me go one too. Appreciate it!

44 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Lovely stuff as usual.

Thank you, @GarryP!

48 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I noticed one teeny-tiny issue that I think might be worth mentioning…
About two thirds of the way up near the centre there’s a dashed pink line that bends round from North-West to North-East. At the bend there are three little triangles and I think the lower triangle is the wrong way round (I did say it was a teeny-tiny issue).

I am not sure what you mean by that. To me all looks fine and in order... hmmm... Maybe you might show what you mean? ;-)

6 minutes ago, ChrisSmere said:

I am not sure what you mean by that. To me all looks fine and in order... hmmm... Maybe you might show what you mean? ;-)

I think Garry is fussing about these strokes:

958B1653-EDB6-4F3A-846A-05617E4C0937.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I think Garry is fussing about these strokes:

958B1653-EDB6-4F3A-846A-05617E4C0937.jpeg

Hmmm. Ok. Thanks.

That's the way AD shows that kind of line :-) don't know whether I have any influence on this.

Alfred: Yes those are the ones.
Maybe it’s just how it looks on my screen but the bottom triangle looks like the triangle base is on the right whereas I would expect it to be on the left (to fill up the gap). I tried to do a screen-grab but the resolution isn’t good enough for me to see it properly. Might just be my eyes.

26 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Alfred: Yes those are the ones.
Maybe it’s just how it looks on my screen but the bottom triangle looks like the triangle base is on the right whereas I would expect it to be on the left (to fill up the gap). I tried to do a screen-grab but the resolution isn’t good enough for me to see it properly. Might just be my eyes.

It's maybe due to the format I have exported it into. It's not your eyes at all!

That's how it looked directly in the AD app:

image.png.f612d466d9c5fcf1814ca3941c1b8aa7.png

In conclusion a vector output file will look fine in this section but I don't want to give out vector files at the moment.

:-)

34 minutes ago, ChrisSmere said:

That's how it looked directly in the AD app:

Four of the five strokes that I’ve marked here are thinner on the right, but the stroke which is second from the bottom is rectangular:

F62383E7-67A7-4BF7-A2C5-F2CD06C8D177.jpeg

Alfred spacer.png

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

Four of the five strokes that I’ve marked here are thinner on the right, but the stroke which is second from the bottom is rectangular:

F62383E7-67A7-4BF7-A2C5-F2CD06C8D177.jpeg

Yeah that's funny to me too, but as said I have no influence on the way how the app works in this case :-)

That looks like a problem with whatever bit of the software draws the lines.
I created something similar – a line with a dashed stroke and a corner – and, as you can see from the attached GIF and AFDESIGN file, it produces some strange results. Editing the line produces odd results but zooming also produces some anomalies. I’m guessing that this is down to some kind of value rounding issue, perhaps.
This looks like a bug but I don’t know if it should be reported as such. Maybe it’s just one of those things that we have to live with.

line-with-dashed-stroke.afdesign

line-with-dashed-stroke.gif

• Staff
47 minutes ago, GarryP said:

That looks like a problem with whatever bit of the software draws the lines.
I created something similar – a line with a dashed stroke and a corner – and, as you can see from the attached GIF and AFDESIGN file, it produces some strange results. Editing the line produces odd results but zooming also produces some anomalies. I’m guessing that this is down to some kind of value rounding issue, perhaps.
This looks like a bug but I don’t know if it should be reported as such. Maybe it’s just one of those things that we have to live with.

line-with-dashed-stroke.afdesign

line-with-dashed-stroke.gif

Well, it's not perfect so I'd say it's a bug, sorry :( 

Interesting, never would've seen this minor thing as a bug @MattP :12_slight_smile:   

@GarryP would be nice if you'd report it properly as you have already prepared the details. Although this is quite a minor issue for me personally for others it might be relevant.

:-)