You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export Selected Slices?

I apologise if there already is a way to do this, but exporting only a select set of slices (without having to mess with the ticked boxes in the Slices panel) sounds like a great QOL addition to me. (Also if I post too much stuff and you'd rather I post more rarely and bundle issues/requests together even when they're not related I can do that)

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

28 minutes ago, GarryP said:

Are you requesting a way to save your selection, to have ‘Selection Sets’, so to speak, where you can choose to export ‘this set’ or ‘that set’ depending on your needs?

That's a bit more advanced than what I was asking for.

Look at this. With one slice selected, Export Slices (when you don't take into consideration the number next to it) sounds like it'd export the selected slices only. Would it not be possible to have the button take into consideration the selection and only if none are selected should it export all?

image.png.745ae3811b9adac9c13bd092e4a18d85.png

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

If you want to Export just a single slice click the icon at the far right of the slice 

The slice does not even have to be highlighted or "selected for export" (ticked) for this to work

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 minutes ago, carl123 said:

If you want to Export just a single slice click the icon at the far right of the slice

The slice does not even have to be highlighted or "selected for export" (ticked) for this to work

My initial feature request refers to a selection of multiple slices, not just one slice.

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

1 minute ago, m.vlad said:

My initial feature request refers to a selection of multiple slices, not just one slice.

Switch off all slices, tick the ones you want to Export then click the Export button

I can't see how highlighting each one you want to export then clicking the export button is going to affect your QOL so much as to need this alternative way of doing it or am I missing something?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 minute ago, carl123 said:

Switch off all slices, tick the ones you want to Export then click the Export button

I can't see how highlighting each one you want to export then clicking the export button is going to affect your QOL so much as to need this alternative way of doing it or am I missing something?

Again, I mentioned this in the initial post

1 hour ago, m.vlad said:

I apologise if there already is a way to do this, but exporting only a select set of slices (without having to mess with the ticked boxes in the Slices panel) sounds like a great QOL addition to me. (Also if I post too much stuff and you'd rather I post more rarely and bundle issues/requests together even when they're not related I can do that)

It sounds to me like a simple addition that shouldn't be too hard to implement and would provide an intuitive way of exporting batches without having to disable and enable slices (especially in documents with a lot of slices)

Mădălin Vlad
Graphic Designer

When you have multiple Slices selected and you Tick the Checkbox, you can "select / deselect" multiple Slices, then, Use the "Export Slices" button.

This way, you don't have to select Slice by Slice.

Best regards!

I imagine that being able to group slices would be very useful to some people.
For example, a game art designer could group elements into logical sets that could be separately exported (released) as they became ready for use without accidentally overwriting existing artwork with work in progress.
They could group slices according to their needs – High Score Table; Player Character; Layer 3 Baddies; etc. – and could export whichever group they wanted without the chore of ticking and unticking.
This could be similar to how the Layers panel works and so should be fairly intuitive.