You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.2.458 still crashes when I go to print

• Staff

Hi Kip, 

II was looking at this file previously for the crashing/zoom bar issue when loading, and wasn't aware it had issues on print.

It seems Mac specific but I've reproduced it now and logged it.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

46 minutes ago, Jon P said:

II was looking at this file previously for the crashing/zoom bar issue when loading, and wasn't aware it had issues on print.

I may not have listed that problem in the same post. I think my original report said it was crashing on launch and I don't think the beta does that anymore. I can't get the print dialog to show up at the moment.

This is happening in the now 1.7.2 retail version. Come on guys! This is a really important feature that i need today and now i can't! How can i have the 1.7.1 back?

Edit: Crash report attached. Seems to happen on a specific file that i have with a pdf embedded, but it works ok on 1.7.1...

Affinity Publisher_2019-08-16-152457_Mac-mini-de-Daniel.crash

9 hours ago, dcarvalho84 said:

This is happening in the now 1.7.2 retail version. Come on guys! This is a really important feature that i need today and now i can't! How can i have the 1.7.1 back?

I wouldn't expect much out of an app that is on it's first couple of versions. Designer and Photo had time to fix and mature.

On 8/17/2019 at 12:46 AM, KipV said:

I wouldn't expect much out of an app that is on it's first couple of versions. Designer and Photo had time to fix and mature.

I've done a lot of works in Publisher (simpler and small ones, mostly party posters) and i think for me is good enough to work with, but i really use N-UP a lot to design for instance in A5 and the with the N-UP i can have quickly 4 in a page 32x45cm with bleed marks and everything on it. That's why i use print a lot, otherwise my workflow is pdf export. Curiously the file that is crashing on 1.7.2 have a pdf embedded on it (It crashes Designer and Photo too)... Don't know if it is the cause. The files that i create after in 1.7.2 didn't crash the print but didn't have embedded documents. I need to do some more tests.

On 8/16/2019 at 3:18 PM, dcarvalho84 said:

Edit: Crash report attached. Seems to happen on a specific file that i have with a pdf embedded, but it works ok on 1.7.1...

Affinity Publisher_2019-08-16-152457_Mac-mini-de-Daniel.crash

Me too. 1.7.2 retail version of Publisher on Mac OS 10.14.6. Now crashes on Print which is preventing me from completing my project. Bit of a major issue that perhaps needs addressing PDQ! Thanks

• Staff

As his been hinted at, the crash is because of the embedded documents.

It's a shame that 1.7.2 has this bug in it, but we are aware of it.

I've been advising on release threads of the workarounds, printing from an exported PDF, rasterising the embedded documents before printing, or if possible downgrading.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

On 8/19/2019 at 4:04 AM, Jon P said:

I've been advising on release threads of the workarounds, printing from an exported PDF, rasterising the embedded documents before printing, or if possible downgrading.

Exporting as PDF seems like a fine workaround at the moment. Fortunately I only use Publisher for really basic projects at the moment so this kind of bug doesn't effect me all that bad.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.