You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Confirm Export Procedure

Have I proceeded correctly below? For some reason I feel I did not - EVEN THOUGH - I still achieved my goal of a usable PNG file.

1. Started with document.afphoto
  2. Added pixel layer through which I did some clone work
  3. Then right clicked the pixel clone layer and left clicked Merge Visible
  4. File > Export > PNG > Bilinear > Selection Without Background > Export

Was that the correct procedure in step 3 and 4? If I have done wrong, what should I have done and why?

Why Merge Visible?

What do you want to get? What is different? Screenshot?

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

17 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Why Merge Visible?

What do you want to get? What is different? Screenshot?

I'm not sure why I merged visible. I was posting to see if I had done things correctly - or - necessary. Ultimately what I was doing was attempting to complete what I worked on and then simply export it as a PNG. Maybe some of the steps I did were not necessary. That's what I'm trying to find out so that I do not make the same unnecessary steps with future documents.