You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Maybe I did not understood the concept of Live Filters. As an advertised feature during the presentation of Publisher I had the impression, that it is an easy-to-use feature. Perhaps I did something wrong, but the Live Filters are not working out-of-the-box in the sense of PDF export. Does not work in the latest stable or latest beta. The Live Filter is applied, but the effect does not appear in the exported PDF. I can rasterize the layers of course, but is this the right way? Looking into the help files give me no help.

Any advice or help or information?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Of course Wosven, thanks for your assistance.

1. Placing image.

2. Switching to Photo Persona.

3. Applying a small radial blur to the image.

4. Returning to Publisher Persona.

5. Export for print, no change in settings.

Files are attached.

livefilter.afpub

livefilter.pdf

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Thanks. Effectively, the only way to keep the effect is to go to Photo persona, hide all layers and create a new layer from visible layers (sorry, I freely translate from my French version!).

It will rasterize the layer and the effect (but you'll keep the original layer too).

Using this live filter in a document, on pictures, or on picture frames, or importing an AP document using the effect, the effect will disappear when exporting to PDF.

Hmm, not very intuitive. At least this should be clearly described in the help section. But in the end I can live with this, once I know it. :(

------

This was already reported several times. :( I just wanted to giveit  a bump in the hope that someone from Serif would answer if this is a bug or by design.

------