You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

9 hours ago, GarryP said:

You can’t do this in Designer or Publisher (as of time of writing) but in Photo you have quite a few options.
Search the Tutorials section of this forum or do a web search for “affinity photo mesh” to get started.

I did a web search and got the Affinity Photo Help which discusses the "Mesh Panel."  No such panel!  Haven't used the Mesh Warp Tool before, but I found that if you rasterize the group that you want to warp (i.e. @Larry3d's flames) then click on the Mesh Warp Tool, then use the Convert to Curves option in the Context Toolbar, you can very nicely wiggle the selection around to accomplish what Larry3d wants.  (I used a simple rectangle.)  Which, is of course, what you had in mind!  Neat trick!1178786590_ScreenShot2019-08-15at1_37_54PM.thumb.png.add5934aae4b162191f7411ec2697ceb.png

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

You’re welcome.
You can’t increase the resolution of the transformed image – Photo can’t add the extra detail it hasn’t got – but you could try transforming a higher resolution image.
Put the vector flames in a large Designer document (A2 perhaps, maybe larger) and then export it to PNG. Then place that large-resolution image into your other document and then transform it. It should be less pixelated but, as it’s a raster image, you will never get it totally non-pixelated.
This is just off the top of my head but I’m pretty sure it should work.

Yeah, I only remembered that while I was away from my computer. That’s a much better technique.
Just to be a bit clearer, in the Slices panel (within the Export Persona), type the size you want for the exported file into the relevant field (in the attached example I’ve used 2000w for 2000 pixels Wide).

export-2000w.png

• 1 month later...