You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changing Color of Callout

db1844

I Created a callout, added some text inside. 

Now, in the layer-panel, its called: (shape Text). stroke color and background color can not be changed anymore (from orange, to something else), even the callout options are still available. For me, it seems to be a bug. 

See scrrenshot. 

Bildschirmfoto 2019-08-14 um 12.43.53.png

Hi db1844,

It's not currently possible in AD, however, you can do it in APub using the Text Frame option which you will find under View > Studio. Once created you can then copy and paste it into Designer where you can continue to edit the text but you won't be able to change the background colour directly within AD.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344
Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.6.8, Magic Mouse

As it can be achieved directly in Publisher, it isn't a bug so I don't think there is any need to post in the Publisher Bug Forum.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1.2344 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1.2344

Your screenshots seem to be showing Designer as the active application from Studio Link within Publisher. The Fill option with Designer won't give you a background fill on a Shape Text box but if you are working in Publisher itself then you can achieve this using the Text Frame panel and selecting Fill from there...

text-frame-fill.thumb.jpg.33bdeeded3d0ce8640937881fdf5c637.jpg

How amazing is that. You solved that problem! Logically, i didn't get it, why the callout panel is not working. But whatever. Text-Frame-Box was not showing up. So newbies have to dig deep, to find the solution. Thanks for that awesome forum support!

That's no problem, glad I was able to help you... :)