You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So I've been wondering when and if you guys are going to add the ability to convert an image into a swatch. I understand how to do repeat patterns in designer but as a Fashion Designer the ability to make an image then convert it to a swatch then use that swatch to fill my clothing designs would be a god send the amount of time alone I would save is beyond measure. It's one of the few features I feel are a MUST be added to your program. 

• 7 months later...
On 8/14/2019 at 4:09 PM, nodeus said:

It's already been realized.

image.png.5b1a15f2101a1c1a072cbcedb6bde4b1.png

Not the same thing. That's creating a pallet from an image. I'm talking about using an image as a tile then using that tile to create a repeat pattern inside of an image. I have placed an example below

examp.png

To better clarify: 

Pattern tile feature or Swatch feature as its called in Illustrator. One where we can create what is called an image tile/swatch for a repeat pattern so we can then use that tile/swatch to fill in a drawing like you would a flat colour but this would instead fill it with a repeat of the patter/tile swatch image created. There is a very basic and time consuming work around for this atm but as I hope to use this software for my business and employees This feature is vital to that workflow efficiency and I really don't want to buy a bunch of subs for Illustrator just because you don't have the 1 feature I really need. I have added a link to an instruction set for Illustrator to indicate exactly what I'm requesting. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/illustrator/using/patterns.html

Affinity Designer doesn’t have vector fills yet, but it does have bitmap fills.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)