You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So i created a new document with 300 DPI and simply typed my name to test the quality, it looks just fine in the affinity designer but when i export it to PNG it is very small in size and very bad quality even though i set it to 300 DPI? I have tried on the latest stable and beta versions, what am i missing here?

• Staff

Apart from the 300 dpi which are not necessary if you're using the image on a web page, the export from your file is exactly the same as Affinity is showing.

You can only compare both images with the zoom level set at 100% in Affinity. This is because raster images (your jpg) is resolution dependent and will not scale up without loosing quality (it will start appearing pixelated). On contrary the text created in Affinity is resolution independent (vector based) and can scale up indefinitely without loosing any quality.

• 1 month later...

hi, i've been having same issues lately. I'm making a logo 100x100pxl size, png and when i export the file instantly the logo loses quality. when I'm working on program there's no such problem. i've already tried changing dpi's from 300 to 72 but there was the same result. what problem could that be?

• 2 years later...

The issue currently faced by many seems to be an issue with the display settings in OS (Windows in my case) and not affinity designer . To solve this.. please set your scaling to 100% in the Windows display settings. Open the png in the browser. Hope this works. Please refer screenshot. It would be really helpful if mac users tell us how to dko the same.

Affinity_designer_png.png

4 hours ago, Hayavadhan said:

It would be really helpful if mac users tell us how to dko the same.

Macs do not have OS level custom scale settings like Windows does. System Preferences > Displays > Display tab has an option to set the screen resolution to a default (determined by the display's native resolution) or scaled to any of the resolutions the display reports it can support, but other than some 'zoom' settings available in the Accessibility System Preferences, there is nothing else.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7