Jump to content
EddCh

AP freezing when saving a document

Recommended Posts

Just now, MEB said:

Thanks for clearing this up. From you last post I though this could be the case. My bad.

No worries. AP is my primary image processing app, so it makes sense to save all my working files in its native format. Other formats are are merely for import/export.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2019 at 1:52 AM, Maria5 said:

My software keeps freezing every time I’m trying to save and it doesn’t end up saving, I have to force quit in order for it to shutdown. When I reopen it the recovery files doesn’t always recover my stuff and I’ve already lost two files I was working last night for my university project, I’m absolutely fuming. Ever since updating this new software it’s been happening this entire week and it’s soooo laggy the graphics are very poor please find a solution and fix this bug!!!!

Hi @Maria5,

Welcome to the forums. 

Next time when you report a bug, please try to include more information about your report, as described here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/ Also, if you find something related to your issue read the thread and see what information has already been asked, like: 

  • Did you notice any patterns?
  • Does it happen when you work on the same(set) files 
  • Can you replicate it?
  • Is it random?
  • Where do you save those files?
  • What MacOS version have you got?
  • Are you using any embedded documents? 
  • Is the folder you save into syned with any cloud service?

and try to answer those questions, as well as the standard ones. 

 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Did you notice any patterns?

  • Does it happen when you work on the same(set) files 
  • Can you replicate it?
  • Is it random?
  • Where do you save those files?
  • What MacOS version have you got?
  • Are you using any embedded documents? 
  • Is the folder you save into syned with any cloud service?

 

Hi Gabe,

I have been experiencing the same issue since updating to 1.7.2

Does it happen when you work on the same(set) files 

Any file. Mainly noticed with .aphoto files

Can you replicate it?

 It is randomised

Where do you save those files?

On iCloud. However this has never been an issue before. File first saves on the SSD, then immediately uploads to the cloud.

What MacOS version have you got?

macOS Mojave 10.14.6 (18G95)

Are you using any embedded documents? 

Yes, PNG with transparency or embedded aphoto files.

Is the folder you save into syned with any cloud service?

Yes iCloud. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you try something please and see if you can still replicate it? Try saving on a local-only location, that's not synced on iCloud, and use local-only resources. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, GabrielM said:

Hi @Maria5,

Welcome to the forums. 

Next time when you report a bug, please try to include more information about your report, as described here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/ Also, if you find something related to your issue read the thread and see what information has already been asked, like: 

  • Did you notice any patterns?
  • Does it happen when you work on the same(set) files 
  • Can you replicate it?
  • Is it random?
  • Where do you save those files?
  • What MacOS version have you got?
  • Are you using any embedded documents? 
  • Is the folder you save into syned with any cloud service?

and try to answer those questions, as well as the standard ones. 

 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

  • Did you notice any patterns?

I started happening to me since the beginning of last week when I updated my AP to the latest version.

  • Does it happen when you work on the same(set) files 

No it happens on literally almost every file I work on

  • Can you replicate it?
  • Is it random?

no it always happens whenever I'm working on a new doc

  • Where do you save those files?

on my MacBook Pro

  • What MacOS version have you got?

the latest MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6

  • Are you using any embedded documents? 

no

  • Is the folder you save into syned with any cloud service?

no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maria5 said:

it happens on literally almost every file I work on

Can you attach a screen recording of our workflow from start to finish?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.