Jump to content
Dekade

AP Keyboard Shortcut - Center Document

Recommended Posts

The Affinity shortcut Ctrl+0 (View > Zoom to Fit) will do it, @Dekade.

(You don't need to say 64-bit, by the way. Affinity applications require 64-bit.)


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The Affinity shortcut Ctrl+0 (View > Zoom to Fit) will do it, @Dekade.

(You don't need to say 64-bit, by the way. Affinity applications require 64-bit.)

Thanks Walt. I really do apologize to the forum. This is the 3rd or 4th time that something has been right in front of me before I posted a new topic. Dang. I can't tell you how many times I clicked on View and then clicked on the expand arrow. I was always expecting to see something to the right expand and then after your reply noticed it expanding to the left. Unbelievable. I have got to learn to slow down!

Additionally, I've been using the "Dark" UI Style. I love the way the screen looks. Maybe it's screwing me up. I think I'll try the "Light" UI Style for awhile.

Anyway, thanks again. And also . . . for the 64bit clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Dekade said:

I was always expecting to see something to the right expand and then after your reply noticed it expanding to the left.

There's a Windows setting that controls the direction that the menus open, related to whether you have a tablet and pen attached (or Windows thinks you might have one). But it would take me awhile to remember or reconstruct the search terms to either find the info out on the Internet or within these forums. If no one else comes up with it, I'll try to dig it up again.

And, don't worry about having missed something. We all do, at some time :)


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

There's a Windows setting that controls the direction that the menus open,

@Dekade Search for Handedness in the forum


Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, carl123 said:

@Dekade Search for Handedness in the forum

Thanks. I searched and found various threads. Will study.

By the way - how does one accomplish the @Dekade in your reply?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dekade said:

By the way - how does one accomplish the @Dekade in your reply?

Type the @ and pause briefly then start typing the username. The forum software should generate a list of matching names, just select the appropriate one.


-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, walt.farrell said:

Type the @ and pause briefly then start typing the username. The forum software should generate a list of matching names, just select the appropriate one.

I don’t find that I need to pause: typing something immediately after the ampersat/amphora/asperand brings up the list every time. Maybe I just type slowly!


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jugs?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1903)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Jugs?

ears.gif


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Alfred said:
17 hours ago, haakoo said:

Jugs?

ears.gif

Amphora.


Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Amphora.

I know, but I was referring pictorially to a piece of British slang.


Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×