You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Didn’t I say just this above, uncle808us?  ;)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/9539-polygonal-lasso-tool/?p=105816

To answer your second question: unfortunately, you can use the Pen Tool Method only in the way I indicated, when you are using Affinity Designer. These options are available only in Affinity Photo. The context toolbar has no “Selection” button in Affinity Designer, and there is no “Quick Mask” mode.  :)

Yea I guess I did not understand what you were saying.

Mac MacBook Pro 15 in.  OS X 10.9.5, Mid 2012 456.77 GB Affinity Design and Photo.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but the Pen Tool cannot be used in conjunction with a more complex ongoing selection but only as a separate operation. E.g. After making a selection with Flood Select Tool, + elliptical marquee, + freehand selection tool, then you are still able to jump into quick mask to refine further. If however you attempt to add with the pen tool, you will lose your selection ... unless you save it obviously & target the "Pen Tool" areas in a secondary stage.

A pen tool that can work in quick-mask mode or during a multiple tool selection build would be incredible and far more desirable than a polygonal lasso option.

happy masking folks!

Posted Yesterday, 06:34 PM

All, We are going to add a polygonal selection tool in Affinity Photo 1.5.. against my better judgment!

People should be using the Pen Tool (in straight line mode - from the context toolbar) - then using the "Mask" and "Selection" buttons to turn it into a selection.

The Pen Tool is far more powerful than any polygonal selection tool in any app!!

Thanks, Andy.

• 2 years later...