You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash when copy cells in a table

Working with tables still seems to be very "beta" ...  I'm currently trying to set up a template for a calendar. The calendarium is on the second masterpage defined as a table with 31 columns and 2 rows. They are preformatted on the master page as centered cells with different font sizes. When I edit text to the calendarium cells on a page that works as expected. Now I try to copy all filled cells from page 2 to the cells of the calendarium on page 3. Selecting all cell (no bleed) ... copy (CTRL-C), selection all cells of the empty calendarium on the next page and pressing CTRL-V - and nothing happens (not even a history entry that would tell that Publisher did at least something. So next I tried to "Paste Special" ... the only option that half way seem to work is "Ritch Text" ... nevertheless the original Masterpage format is not remembered any more (originally centered cells get aligned left). Just to re-check I tried the same procedure with two new test tables not based on a template on the master page and here it worked. Does copying cells with format and content not work on tables based on master page elements?

Tried again with the attached document to copy the calendarium table from page 5 (Selecting all cells and pressing CTRL-C) and just clicking on the same table on page 6 and the system instantly completely crashes back to the desktop (no error message shown) ....

Not happy ...

Error is reproducable and file attached. Crash does not occur in the beta but only in the official release. Copying cell content and format does not work in the beta either.

Cheers, Timo

Kalender Template recover.afpub

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• Staff

You will have to detach the table from the master page to do the paste as you want. I'll log an issue to see if we can handle this case better.

I've not been able to recreate the crash - can you attach a crash report please

1 hour ago, Pauls said:

You will have to detach the table from the master page to do the paste as you want.

Thanks for your answer.

So you are saying it is not possible to copy content into tables that are based on the masterpage? If I want to work with tables I can only place them directly on my pages?
This might be worth rethinking.

Here's one of the crash reports that have been generated.

81813cb8-5bca-432c-9d63-6cda5ddf979e.dmp

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2

Here's a crash report (and the file that causes it) while selecting cells from a table that is not even based on the master page. Both Publisher versions (official and beta) randomly crash when clicking on a table or selecting cells in a table. This time the crash report is from the beta version. Looks like I will not be able to finish my project with Pubisher ...

7e9eac96-d712-45de-b8c9-087bc45d16c6.dmp

Kalender Template recover.afpub

• Staff

I've reproduced and logged a crash from that, thanks.

If you have the table tool selected and paste into a cell it pastes all the other cells in fine, however if the move tool is active and the table is selected pasting cells into it does indeed seem ot be causing a crash.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com