You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I would love to know how to design and create a printable wall planner with my own photos for next year.  I currently have Affinity Photo in which to do this.

Any suggestions or pointers would be appreciated.  I love teaching clips as a way of learning..

With thanks

Artpix

Edited by Artpix
Capital letter adjustment

• Staff

Hi Artpix and Welcome to the Forums,

Really depends on the type of wall planner you want to create.

You can start a blank document and use File>Place to bring in your images but we don't have a table tool for the table/grid part that year planners have.   You could always look for an image online which contains the layout and place that over the top of your images.  You could also manually use the Pen Tool and draw in the needed segments or the other option, place text boxes with headings where needed.

I'm sure if anyone else has another method, they will post shortly :) 

Hi stokerg,

Thank you for your response.

It was a year planner that I was referring to.  I'll give your suggestions a try and see how I get on.

Meanwhile, if any other ideas pop up, I would be interested too. :)

Affinity Photo is not the best tool for this task, I would go so far to say it would be the "worst" tool, better it would be with Affinity Designer, best it would be with Affinity Publisher. But this is just my opinion.

Here are some good videos to start with Publisher: https://affinity.serif.com/de/tutorials/publisher/desktop/

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed