You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Streamline in what sense? What are you doing now?

With File > New Batch Job you can open a folder, select all the images, and add them all at once to the batch job. Then specify your output parameters once, and start the job.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

A more personal wish: I would like to specify a source folder instead of selecting images inside a folder = one action less. And as a second wish to apply a batch to currently open images in APhoto.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

@ Walt:

If I try to batch- EXPORT jpg's then I get this message: "Macro recorder cannot record "Export item"".

I've seen a movie:  https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/84025-macro-recorder-cannot-record-export-item/  where one can see a workaround.

As a Dutch I don't understand it very well.

That's why I asked if it possible to streamline the whole thing...

Eric

3 hours ago, evandijken said:

If I try to batch- EXPORT jpg's then I get this message: "Macro recorder cannot record "Export item"".

Thanks. That was the clarification and context I needed, because "batch export" more naturally, to me, referred to the Batch Job facility.  You're working with one image, and trying to record a macro, which is a very different context that was missing from your original message :)

No, you cannot record exporting a file in a macro.

Depending on exactly what you're trying to do in that macro, you might be able to record a macro that does some things to an image, and stops before the export step. Then you could use File > New Batch Job, select your files, and have the batch job apply the macro to each of the files. Then it would finish by exporting them wherever you want in whatever format(s) you want.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

@ walt:

Thanks!
With your last sentence: "Then it would finish by exporting them wherever you want in whatever format (s) you want." do you mean that I, after I did some things with a macro to them) have to export the jpg's (300 of them) piece by piece by hand?

I understand that it is not possible with a macro?

1 hour ago, evandijken said:

With your last sentence: "Then it would finish by exporting them wherever you want in whatever format (s) you want." do you mean that I, after I did some things with a macro to them) have to export the jpg's (300 of them) piece by piece by hand?

No, the Affinity Photo Batch Job does that. You specify a list of files as input, and a list of formats and locations as output, and (optionally) a set of macros to run. Photo opens each input file, runs the macro(s) if requested, and creates the specified output files.

-- Walt
PC:

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, PaulD said:

Trying to do the same thing. Nothing happens when I clip Apply.  I'm missing something?

You need to click OK to run the batch job.

You can't do that until you Authorize Affinity to access your output directory. (See the Authorize button next to the output directory specification.)

-- Walt
PC:

Got it! I wasn't unclicking the unused formats in the authorization.

New question:

I'm trying to bring the Affinity jpegs into a MAC Photos Album. I don't see a direct way to do that. I have to export in Affinity, then Import in Photos?

Thanks for your help.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:45 AM, PaulD said:

I'm trying to bring the Affinity jpegs into a MAC Photos Album. I don't see a direct way to do that. I have to export in Affinity, then Import in Photos?

In any of the Mac Affinity apps, you can use the File > Share > Add to Photos menu item to do this.

At least on my iMac this is done 'silently' -- there is no indication that the file has been added to the Apple Photos app other than a quick bounce of the Photos Dock icon if that app is on the Dock. I think files are always added to the Photos library as untitled JPEGs, but I am not 100% certain about that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7