DarkClown

Publisher unable to group fonts properly

2 hours ago, MikeW said:

I personally don't care if family styles are only accessible via a separate drop down or not. By the time I am starting a book, flyer, poster or what not, I pretty much know what fonts are going to be used. Picking them in whatever application I am using for a job, however they are accessed, isn't a big deal. What I generally never do in any application is to scroll through fonts to choose the "right" one.

Mostly true for me, too, especially as recently used or document fonts get grouped for quick access anyway so once the font candidates for the project have been picked, there is no need for scrolling through the font lists. The netfonts change the game to some extent especially with features that look for similarity in fonts (accessible e.g. via Adobe Fonts but not activated). In this context it is convenient to to see in one view the available styles and font's capabilities, similarly as on a font web site or when browsing through a printed fontbook.