You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Attempt to open publisher file with missing resources crashes publisher

fhap13

Hello,

I cannot find any information elsewhere on this issue. I am working with a Affinity Publisher file saved in a Dropbox directory. I edited the file offline and synced to Dropbox. Now, on that computer and my desktop mac I cannot open this publisher file. When I select File | Open I receive a "Missing Resource(s)" pop-up. No matter what option I choose (Resource Manager, No or Yes) Publisher crashes. 

I'd like to fix the file and recover the changes I made too. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Francis

51 minutes ago, Pauls said:

I think the crash is text related rather than being a resource issue. It's with one of the developers at the moment to investigate.

Thanks! I'm really wanting to stick with Publisher. Its far more easy for me to work with. I'm keen for further news. 

• 9 months later...

I had this problem today - Publisher crashed whenever bringing up the resource manager. I took the advice here and renamed my links folder to something else, then started Publisher and pointed the resource manager to the renamed directory. Things are working fine again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I did the 10 day trials of all three systems and loved it all- cancelled Adobe after being a 15 year devotee.  The day I purchased Publisher, I started having this issue.  I have tried every resolution under the sun, including moving every file on my computer onto dropbox under the assumption that possibly my computer was at fault, although only 2 years old.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the entire program.  I have renamed the linked files that are "missing" (which are not even files I had included in my original work?), and no dice.  I have worked on this for 12 days now and I am beyond frustrated.  What started as elation at the intuition of the user interface has warped into me literally (fo' real) pulling out my hair.  And yet, I still see the beauty in the program, however, this is an ENORMOUS issue.  Help?

Thanks,

Sandi