You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Managing Pantone Colors?

Hello,

I'm glad that affinity designer for iPad supports PANTONE libraries... However, I have a few issues that I would like to ask if it has any work around.

image0.png

1. Can I search the PANTONE library for a specific pantone?
    • I already know the specific PANTONE code, but I don't know how to look for it in the PANTONE library.
    • Currently I'm looking for PANTONE 8062, so I have to first look for the correct library (PANTONE + Solid Coated, I think), and then scroll through the PANTONE items.
    • I still can't find what I'm looking for, and I'm not sure if any of the 2 steps I mentioned above are wrong.

2. How do I make sure if the correct PANTONE was applied?
    • Even if I manage to find the correct PANTONE code, I'm not sure if it was applied correctly.
    • Currently, after clicking on a PANTONE I go back to the color wheel and it just points to specific color.
    • I'm not sure if after saving, the correct PANTONE profile is saved as well
    • I'm not sure what PANTONE was applied even...
    • Image below is after clicking on a PANTONE color and exiting swatches bacl to "Colour"

image0.png

Accuracy on this specific task is important to me as a designer...

Regards,

Maco

• Staff
6 hours ago, maco said:

Can I search the PANTONE library for a specific pantone?

Sadly not.  It looks like the Pantone colour you need is listed under the 'Pantone Metallics Coated' swatch

6 hours ago, maco said:

How do I make sure if the correct PANTONE was applied?

Only method i know, is to create a New Application/Document palette and add the fills from the objects to that palette, any Pantone colours used will be added to the Palette with the name.  You could also setup the palette at the start of the document and only add the colours you plan on using and only use the colours from the palette.  I'm sure if anyone has an easier way to do this, they will post.

Its clear we still have some work to do in this area and i know we've had Feature Requests before to improve this area of the app

@stokerg thank you for the reply!

21 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Only method i know, is to create a New Application/Document palette and add the fills from the objects to that palette, any Pantone colours used will be added to the Palette with the name.  You could also setup the palette at the start of the document and only add the colours you plan on using and only use the colours from the palette. 

This sounds like a good setup :D But I'll be more at ease if the app can assure me that the correct pantone was applied since the color wheel is prone to sudden/accidental changes.

15 minutes ago, stokerg said:

Its clear we still have some work to do in this area and i know we've had Feature Requests before to improve this area of the app

Understandable, i shall await for the day my ipad will be able to replace my laptop! More power to you guys.