You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo quits when clicking "Sync Before" in Develop Persona

• Staff

Hi spleeding :)

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Does this happen regardless of the document, or does it only crash with a specific image? Are you developing a RAW file (and if so, what model camera does this image originate from)?

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Sorry @Dan C, been a way for a little and forgot I started this.

Happens with .DNG files, regardless of image. Yes RAW, Pentax K-3 ii.

I've had this camera for a while and have processed many RAW files from it in the same manner as I am trying now.

I have presets that I use to edit my RAW files. It can be set on any view, None, Split, Mirror. I make one change and sync before. I make another change and sync before, and it crashes every time.

I just tried a JPEG and got it to crash too, but it took many more edits.

I send the error report to Apple every time, but I do not know if you get those. I do have it selected that Apple could share it with you. Thanks.

• Staff

Not to worry, thanks for the information you've provided.

I've tried to replicate this here using a sample RAW file from your camera model and I've yet been unable to reproduce this crash.

Unfortunately crash reports sent this way are shared anonymously, due to Apples privacy policy, so I wouldn't be able to 'find' your crash report in our system. However I'll need a copy of your crash reports to investigate this further.

Please go to Applications > Utilities and open the Console app. Crash Reports from our apps can be found in the User Reports section. You can Right Click the required Crash Report and select Reveal in Finder. The upload your crash report to your response, many thanks in advance!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Thanks for that, I've logged this with our developers for further investigation and will update this thread with any pertinent information :) 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @Dan C, Hope you had a Merry Christmas. Just wanted to let you know that I used App Cleaner to remove Affinity Photo and reinstall it. That seems to have fixed the issue for now. I hadn't been using it very much because it kinda rendered my workflow useless.  Let me know if they ever find anything. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi spleeding, My apologies for the delayed response, as we have been closed over the holiday period - but a merry belated Christmas and a Happy new year to you!

Many thanks for letting me know this is now resolved, I will certainly keep an eye on the dev log and update here with any pertinent info :)