You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Performance in PHOTO super slow on MAC

Dear MEB.

Did you alraedy find time to have a look on the file I uploaded?

I finished the illu-job with the BETA-VERSION of Photo now. Here is my Feedback:  You were right about one thing: When I unticked the Layers with effects, I could paint faster and the workflow was ok again. But still I could´nt manage to export any files. So I worked my way around with Affinity Designer. I opened the finished Photo Files in Designer and there I could easily export my illustration in any file in no time.

I recognized another Issue: At the end I had about 30 - 40 Layers with different effects on them. I realized that at the end I couldnt flatten the image to only one layer without affecting the effects like overlay and thus the image. It means, the image changed. When i marked all layers and wanted to flatten them by grouping and rasterizing them, or by cmd E. So if I wanted a flat file to work on I had to export it as a tiff or jpeg in Designer and then reimport it into Photo to work on an unaffected flattened image. Or is there a command that allows to do that in Photo without changing the image?

Thank you very much!