Hi,

when I installed Affinity Designer a few days ago (August 8), I took the opportunity to get a 30 day trial (after registration). Everything looked good, but then I downloaded a trial of Affinity Photo and now that I launch Designer I get a "4 Days left" message. Is it somehow related, or have I made a mistake? Thank you for your help.

Swat

The trial is a 10 day trial (from first run), so what you are seeing is as expected.

Where did you get the idea it was a 30 day trial? (perhaps we have it written incorrectly somewhere)

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Very sorry, I am now choosing between more graphics programs and apparently losing a "bit" overview.
I probably didn't choose the empty pumpkin in my avatar by accident. :(

Swat

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope you find the software to your liking.

Some people find the 10 day trial a bit short. When the next patch (1.7.2) is released the trial will be reset so even if you have "tried" 1.7.1 you will be able to download and try 1.7.2 for a further 10 days.  (After we release the 1.7.2 updates, log into your account and re-download a new installer from the Download Trial link )

Also, when the software is bought direct from the Affinity Store we offer an unconditional 14 day money back guarantee. Our software is also available from the Mac App Store and the Microsoft Store. It is sometimes possible to get money back from the Microsoft Store and MAc App Store, but that is according to their returns policy and not something we can control.

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

54 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

… Some people find the 10 day trial a bit short. When the next patch (1.7.2) is released the trial will be reset so even if you have "tried" 1.7.1 you will be able to download and try 1.7.2 for a further 10 days.  (After we release the 1.7.2 updates, log into your account and re-download a new installer from the Download Trial link ) … 

I am one of them, the 30 day deadline is a great attraction for me, but this your offer sounds very good, thank you for the information.

Just for those who care - a few minutes ago I finally put my old Xara Xtreme in a drawer and bought Affinity Designer. I haven't tested the Designer for too long, but I believe I made the right choice. :)

Swat