You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

when I installed Affinity Designer a few days ago (August 8), I took the opportunity to get a 30 day trial (after registration). Everything looked good, but then I downloaded a trial of Affinity Photo and now that I launch Designer I get a "4 Days left" message. Is it somehow related, or have I made a mistake? Thank you for your help.

Swat

• Staff

The trial is a 10 day trial (from first run), so what you are seeing is as expected.

Where did you get the idea it was a 30 day trial? (perhaps we have it written incorrectly somewhere)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Thanks for getting back to me. I hope you find the software to your liking.

Some people find the 10 day trial a bit short. When the next patch (1.7.2) is released the trial will be reset so even if you have "tried" 1.7.1 you will be able to download and try 1.7.2 for a further 10 days.  (After we release the 1.7.2 updates, log into your account and re-download a new installer from the Download Trial link )

Also, when the software is bought direct from the Affinity Store we offer an unconditional 14 day money back guarantee. Our software is also available from the Mac App Store and the Microsoft Store. It is sometimes possible to get money back from the Microsoft Store and MAc App Store, but that is according to their returns policy and not something we can control.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

54 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

… Some people find the 10 day trial a bit short. When the next patch (1.7.2) is released the trial will be reset so even if you have "tried" 1.7.1 you will be able to download and try 1.7.2 for a further 10 days.  (After we release the 1.7.2 updates, log into your account and re-download a new installer from the Download Trial link ) … 

I am one of them, the 30 day deadline is a great attraction for me, but this your offer sounds very good, thank you for the information.

• 2 years later...

Welcome to the forums @sukhjit,

No, not really. They only offer a 10 day trial. However if your read what Patrick Connor posted above, you'll see that once they post a new patch (update), you can sign into your account and download the new patch and have 10 days to try it out. So that's 20, however not consecutive, it may take a month or more for the next patch.

Then there's the Money Back Guarantee. I think it's 14 days, if you don't like the app after purchasing it they'll refund your money.

Again they only provide for 10 consecutive days for trial. This starts from the first time you launch it, and the clock ticks down from then. If you going to try each App, I'd recommend trying one then move on to the next. Plan to make time for the 10 days following your launch to get the most out of it. Don't start it, then put it on the shelf for a few days then come back. You may find your trial has expired.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

AFAIK: 30 day trials are only available for corporate and educational users. You need to contact Serif directly if you are in one of these categories.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad