You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.7.2.458 [BETA CLOSED]

• Staff

This beta has been superseded by the release of Affinity Publisher for macOS 1.7.2 to the public. Check back on this forum for future betas

Purpose: Improvements, Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not submitted
Download: Download  (Download link removed as 1.7.2 is now live)
Auto-update: Not available

---

Hi,

We are pleased to announce that an updated customer beta of Affinity Publisher (1.7.2.458) is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app please note that the beta will install as a separate app alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

The beta is an incremental update to the 1.7.1 store version. We recommend that you use this beta in preference to your store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

If you have any problems using this version please make a new topic in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Please feel free to leave general suggestions and comments in the Discussion Forum.

---

StudioLink

StudioLink has been updated to improve reliability. However StudioLink in this Beta still requires the latest Beta versions of Designer and Photo to function.

---

Fixes and Improvements

Text
Fixed crash breaking path text curve for open curves
Fixed error copy / pasting Text Styles that could cause crash
Overlapping text frames now respect Ignore text wrap when wrapping around each other
Fix for Optical Alignment ignoring Tabs
Text selection highlight no longer includes generated list text
Fixed bug that could fail to apply OpenType features near end of line
Changing letter spacing now splits ligatures correctly
Fix for issue unpinning pinned nodes in pinned nodes
Fixed Pinned Node status not updating correctly when changed on Master Page
Fixed positioning issues when unpinning nodes
Hyphenation fixes
(Mac) Fixed further IME issues

Import / Export
PDF Import: Improved Font Substitution suggestions when opening PDFs etc
PDF and Vector Export: Fixed issue with Embedded Documents and Adjustments
PDF Export: Fixed Bleed not being saved in export profiles
PDF Export: Fix for unwanted clipping when text nodes exported 'as selection'
PDF Export: Fixed export of non-breaking hyphens
PDF Export: Avoid font preflight warnings when embedding TrueType CIDFonts
PDF Export: Web preset now embeds all fonts. Many browsers don't support ligatures unless the font is embedded and so render incorrectly.
(Win) Fixed occasional crash when printing
---

Earlier Release Notes Beta 442

To be notified about all future macOS beta updates, please follow this notification thread

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

• Staff
2 minutes ago, garrettm30 said:

Could someone help me out on the meaning of IME?

Input Method Editor

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I downloaded the zip file for 1.7.2.458 but I haven't a clue about how to install it as an update to Publisher beta, I badly need some instruction as to how to do so.

John

Found the exe file, please ignore

Edited by jrkay
Found the exe file, pleas ignore

10 minutes ago, jrkay said:

I downloaded the zip file for 1.7.2.458 but I haven't a clue about how to install it as an update to Publisher beta, I badly need some instruction as to how to do so.

John

All you have to do is unzip the file then drag the "Affinity Publisher Beta.app" file to your Applications folder and replace previous beta. All the preferences and settings from the previous beta will be retained, as they are stored elsewhere.

12 hours ago, AdamW said:

Fixes and Improvements

[…]

PDF Export: Web preset now embeds all fonts. Many browsers don't support ligatures unless the font is embedded and so render incorrectly.

[…]

All fixes to font rendering and embedding, especially when it comes to OpenType features, deserve my sincere commendation.

It's good to know that Publisher will play well with those in all scenarios and that advanced typography is a true priority at Serif. A good “set-it-and-forget-it” default preset that preserves type designers' hard word and prevents end-user confusion – which might otherwise turn them away from those features – is always a win in my book.

• Staff
10 hours ago, Jeremy Bohn said:

Is this a fix for my bug reported here (opacity changed on vector cropped artwork when exported to PDF)?

No that is not the fix for your issue, sorry. It relates to the rasterization of text in PDF export caused by adjustments applied to images or embedded documents (on the same page as the text)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 8/14/2019 at 3:59 PM, thomaso said:

Good news: the crashes on Save-As in "Separated Mode" occurs to be solved in v458.

Bad news: the issue with crash on Save-As with same file name is back to me. It just happened to a new .afpub created from scratch in v1.7.2.
(not complex: eight pages, just text and a few rectangles / 2.1 MB)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1