You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UI not visible, dialog boxes not appearing Creators Update

After Win 10 updated, none of Affinity apps works: It opens, but there are no icons, no toolbars...nothing. Hovering mouse over places, where menus are, causes them to pop, but none of commands works: I wanted to open preferences to fix things, but nothing happened. Affinity Photo opens as a white screen, mouse button makes "ding, ding", once I hit escape, I can at least click upper right corner and the app closes... Tried to reinstall/uninstall/restart/install to no avail. My OS is up to date, so are drivers. I tried to open the app with Ctrl button to no avail... please, help, I am lost.

Please, find attached screenshot of the Publisher: achieved by doubleclicking the older file, that made that opening advertisement to go away a enabled blind-hitting of the menu

2019 08 12_02.jpg

Thanks for the advice, Callum. That is what I already did, as mentioned in the original post: I made sure my drivers are up to date: Once the problem occured, I checked and updated the driver. Just to clarify: Affinity products did work flawlessly prior the Windows update. I am using HP SPectre x360, Intel HD Graphics 520.

Any other suggestions?

@Ros. Riha

Just to be sure: did you first uninstall the existing GPU drivers, as @Callum wrote (and follow that by a reboot of your computer) or merely reinstall them so attempting to overwrite the existing settings?

It seems, from reading several threads in the forum from users experiencing similar problems to yours, that the uninstall (and reboot) is a vital part of the method to attempt to resolve the problem.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Thanks, @emmrecs01, for the advice, and thanks, @Callum: you were right, it was the driver. It was not possible to uninstall it as Jeff suggested, uninstall always resulted in BSOD. To whom it may concern: The culprit was the app Duet Display. Once I uninstalled it, I was able to update the GPU driver and everything works as it should from then on

@Ros. Riha

Thanks for the update.  Another example of the problems created by software listed in this post.

Glad you were able to resolve it.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.