You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't see Nik Collection under plug ins

55 minutes ago, Callum said:

Hi Binnur, 

please could you try reinstalling the plugins following this guide?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WTPS1cJeIQ

Thanks

C

Hi Callum.

Thank you very much for your help. The video was very helpful and I can see the Nik Collection under filters/plug ins now. The thing is , it is said in the video that the free version of Nik Collection( which I have got) doesn't work properly with Affinity as there are some bugs. I actually tried a couple of filters in CEP4 and Viveza and they worked fine but I will see what happens in time if I decide to buy Affinity.

Thanks for your help again:-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, SalmonJax said:

Does this also work on Mac or only for windows as i am having no luck getting them to work properly since the new update

neither the old google collection or the new dxo collection 2 trial since i don't want to buy it until i know it works with Affinity

I don't know Salmon as I don't use Mac. But I can tell you that when I first installed the free version of Nik Collection to the trial version of Affinity Photo for Windows, I thought Viveza worked fine but when I started to edit some images by using the trial version of Affinity photo I noticed that CEP4 and SEP2 worked fine, but I had a kind of desaturated image with wrong colors when I tried to use Viveza.

Then I read some posts about Viveza in Affinity Photo  Forum and I found out that a lot of people have had the same  problem with Viveza.I actually don't mind even if Viveza doesn't work properly as I can do what Viveza does by using Affinity Photo anyway.

May be it is best for you to start a new thread  about your question as this thread has got a bit old and I'm a Windows user. 

3 hours ago, Draig said:

I am using Windows and the current version of Affinity Photo. While I can load and use the free Google version of the Nik collection, Viveza does not function correctly. There are strange colour effects and other problems with it.

Unfortunatelly, there are Draig.