You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to see the area that'll be in the bleed of an artboard? All I can seem to find is the "Show Bleed" option, which gives you the bleed lines, but it still hides objects that are outside of the artboard area.

I assume there must be a way and I'm just missing it, as seeing what's within the bleed is super important for printing.

@Lee D, in what situations does the issue occur? And how can it be bypassed or avoided by the user? Would resetting the app to factory defaults work to get it selectable?

I wonder because the issue does not appear on every computer:

610138084_cliptocanvas-designer.jpg.657ae826bd322e1f3412c9bdd7ad70ac.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

@Lee D If I can make a suggestion, it would be nice if the bleed was turned on by default for print files, and turned off by default for web and screen files. That'd match how Sketch App sets up their artboards. One of the reasons I'm trying to dive into Affinity is Sketch isn't friendly for print.

@Lee D Are you able to confirm whether this bug is affecting bleed when exporting a PDF? I can't for the life of me get the bleed area to show to when exporting from Affinity Designer, and I'm sure it was working before.

Include bleed + crop marks selected on export, but PDF shows artwork clipped to Artboard and crop marks aligned to the edge of the artwork,

Affinity Designer 1.7.1, MacOS (App Store)

Thanks.

• 1 year later...