You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pin To Text Bug

30 minutes ago, CarlM said:

the function sticks resolutely to the default position Publisher

There are other problems with pinning options with a text box placed in Master Pages.

Inline in Text doesn't work either and if you place text in a Maser Page you won't be able to pin a picture to this text from any other page. 

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

2 hours ago, CarlM said:

"Pin to Text" works fine when working with images in text frames created on the page but when pinning to text in pages using frames created in the Master pages the function sticks resolutely to the default position Publisher first applies in the frame. I've attached a screen capture video to demonstrate.

Right-click on the Master page layer on the normal page then select Edit Detached you can then adjust the pinning to text as required (click Finish when done)

Not sure if this is a bug, "as designed" or something that needs another look at by the Devs.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Right-click on the Master page layer on the normal page then select Edit Detached you can then adjust the pinning to text as required (click Finish when done)

Not sure if this is a bug, "as designed" or something that needs another look at by the Devs.

Pretty sure it's a bug. I recently reported another issue with Spell checking in Text Frames created in Master Pages. That was escalated and resolved in Beta 422 and my guess is it's related.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/93577-publisher-spellcheck-bug/

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

We believe the issue "Can't move pin on master page frame" has been fixed in 1.8.0 [Publisher beta is currently available if you care to check]. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 1 year later...

I just purchased publisher this week 1.8.4

It doesn't happen all of the time. Could there be something in the text formatting that may affect it? I am new to publisher and am learning a lot. I uploaded a docx file to start and I did have some object placeholders in that file. I deleted the object (rectangle) before placing the picture.

5 minutes ago, Lynn T said:

Welcome to the Affinity forums @Lynn T. The latest retail version is 1.8.5.703. Why do you have an older version when you bought APu this week? BTW you posted your question into the beta section.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

1 minute ago, Lynn T said:

Maybe I should have downloaded the new one?

As CarlM pointed out, that he had no problems with the latest retail version you may install this version as well?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.