"Pin to Text" works fine when working with images in text frames created on the page but when pinning to text in pages using frames created in the Master pages the function sticks resolutely to the default position Publisher first applies in the frame. I've attached a screen capture video to demonstrate.

30 minutes ago, CarlM said:

the function sticks resolutely to the default position Publisher

There are other problems with pinning options with a text box placed in Master Pages.

Inline in Text doesn't work either and if you place text in a Maser Page you won't be able to pin a picture to this text from any other page. 

2 hours ago, CarlM said:

"Pin to Text" works fine when working with images in text frames created on the page but when pinning to text in pages using frames created in the Master pages the function sticks resolutely to the default position Publisher first applies in the frame. I've attached a screen capture video to demonstrate.

Right-click on the Master page layer on the normal page then select Edit Detached you can then adjust the pinning to text as required (click Finish when done)

Not sure if this is a bug, "as designed" or something that needs another look at by the Devs.

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

Right-click on the Master page layer on the normal page then select Edit Detached you can then adjust the pinning to text as required (click Finish when done)

Not sure if this is a bug, "as designed" or something that needs another look at by the Devs.

Pretty sure it's a bug. I recently reported another issue with Spell checking in Text Frames created in Master Pages. That was escalated and resolved in Beta 422 and my guess is it's related.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/93577-publisher-spellcheck-bug/