You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Barcelona / tram networks / transitdiagram

transitdiagrams

Hey!

And here we go again  - all three unconnected tram networks of Barcelona, Catalunya, in my unofficial interpretation.

613212623_image170813.thumb.jpg.60e033914fb98a740004cc4a5ec670d2.jpg

I assigned every network a primary color with ligther colors derived from. Now all six modern tram routes have the same color. 

Latest news is that the connection via the Av. Diagonal  is now being planned. That will finally link the two modern tram systems. And the heritage streetcar called tramvia blau is currently undergoing renovation.

The Funicular del Tibidabo is shown as well. And I have implied direct connection to the Metro Barcelona too. 

Have a good night or day! 

Chris

PS: Feedback is welcome and much appreciated! 

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

9 hours ago, Wosven said:

That's a fine map, but perhaps a smaller one in a corner with the full paths for the one we only see part of them would help understand the connexions (but it would be a lot of work).

Then I'd to do a whole network metro map :-) here it's only about the trams though. But thanks for that input - appreciate it! 

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

13 hours ago, Wosven said:

Sorry, I don't want to give you more work, but it looks like having only 4 pieces of a puzzle...

I spend time playing console games and doing maps of places and dungeons... mapping every corner, even irrevelent ones. It's  coming back to fill the gaps in your map ;)

I do get your point :-) and will do a whole BCN map soon. 

• 1 month later...

Updated the map:

• included proposed stations on the planned connecting route on Av. Diagonal. It's of course subject to change.
  • changed the Tramvia Blue and made it clearer that it runs on one street only
    the first version might suggest that it runs on two parallel streets)

1440007324_bcntram2.thumb.jpg.a2af04feccd644c73a9222363492a229.jpg

Any further feedback is still appreciated :-)

Have a nice Sunday,
Chris

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

Nice one!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

The shapes with black strokes don't seem to be in the same isometric plane s the coloured lines. I suspect it's a visual effect

Indeed... it's an optical illusion. Will make them grey too, thank you!

@Wosven, better? :-)

1975109893_bcntram2.thumb.jpg.210bbf1af2d03d55c0772a5b5bc0a771.jpg