You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

So, I use a lot of colourings to edit my images with- and tamper with the blending modes and so on.

Most of these colourings are PSD files, with a pixel image and the effect as a group. I was wondering if there was a way to keep the grouped colouring and have it opened within Affinity versus opening the entire PSD separately and then copying and pasting the colouring. 

I have tried exporting the group as an LUT with the 4 different export options, but none have seemed to work. Unless I can create an AFTONEMAP file for the tone-mapping persona, it seems the only thing to do is open the PSD's separately. 

I hope I don't cause confusion, and here is an example of what I am talking about: https://www.deviantart.com/allscallie/art/Spring-Break-By-Allscallie-796232775

• Staff

Hi Nadia R :)

Apologies, I'm a little confused by your post. Having visited your link and downloaded the PSD, I then used File>Open in Affinity, selected the PSD and opened it here. I now have an Affinity file with your image, and a group of 10 adjustments. Is this what you're looking for? If so you can simply save your PSD files and then open them in Affinity to import the adjustments.

If you don't want to import an image, saving a blank PSD file with the adjustments applied will open as expected in Affinity, however you must always open this as a new file and copy the adjustment across, as Affinity has to convert the PS adjustments to AP ones.

If I've misunderstood your post, please do let me know!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hi, Dan C :) 

No, it's okay! Opening the PSD and its group of colourings is presenting me with no difficulties at all. Like, I just copy the group and paste it on another image in another tab on Affinity. No problem with that at all.

I was just wondering if there was a way for it to be like an LUT, wherein you don't have to actually open a file, but it's already like a preset? If that makes sense.

I managed to download AFTONEMAP files that added themselves into the Tone-Mapping persona with no problem. So, whenever I go that that persona and I scroll on the presets, all of them are already in there and I don't have to open anything that isn't already in Affinity. 

I hope these mishmash of words made some type of sense, ha. I look forward to the reply! 

• Staff

It sounds as though the best option for you would be to create a Macro - this can automatically apply multiple adjustment layers, each with their own value, to any image of your choosing! Check out our tutorial on Macros here - https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/309301203

I've made a quick copy of the adjustment group linked in your first post, please find this attached here - Spring Break.afmacros

If you open View>Studio>Library you can import this Macro into Affinity, then open any image, select the layer and apply the macro. You should find that the adjustment layers are automatically added with the correct adjustment parameters. I hope this helps!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

I followed your advice and watched the tutorial. After messing around for a while, the macros worked and I was just irritated that there wasn't a shortcut for it and the preferences wouldn't allow me to.

But then, I dragged the little window of macros and the library into the middle panel on the right, and voila! It's now a part of the panel and is fine on start-up and everything.

Thank you so, so much for your help and I'm truly grateful. :28_hugging: