You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo frames don't "remember"?

Hi there

I've used the search function but didn't find anything about this, so I start a new topic

I find this "issue" very annoying in Publisher, especially because it costs a lot of time.
Perhaps I doing sth wrong or I miss a function/preference for this, so I just ask /explain

I usually fill my Picture frames via drag&drop out of XnView or the Explorer (under Windows10), because I find this way the most comfortable.

So I have a page setup f.e. with a lot of picture frames and I set all of them to "maximum scaled" and "middle".
Usually I fill the first frame with a picture and rotate it in place, too.

But when I copy this frame and drag a new photo in the copied frame, all is set to zero and the image is neither rotated right nor set to the right fitting.

I find this very annoying, since it costs time and a lot of unnecessary clicks to adjust every single frame.

Any suggestions? Thanks

1 hour ago, Wosven said:

Did you tried using the "replace image" instead? (After dupplicating your initial frame with the first pic).

yeah that would do the trick, but it is not how I like to do it, since I don't always want to use the "replace" dialog which pops up, but instead just drag & drop from the other app (xnview) from the second monitor, which is much faster and easier

I understand, but it would be tricky to drop a different image and have it modified as the previous one with same scale, rotation, etc. that could be dependent of the size, visual, portrait or landscape, etc. of the previous image.

When "replace..." keep those settings, it looks more logical in my opinion.

I tested with copying-pasting effect/styles, but it won't keep or paste the original scale and rotation.

A "replace mode" that would allow to drop replacement images keeping those setting would be usefull, perhaps.

2 hours ago, Pixelkobold said:

a frame is turned wrong way around

Did you at some point use the "flip horizontal" button? That's the only way for a pic frame to do this I can think of.

Look at the DPI information of your image at the top: in the right way, it displays "... @ 300dpi (100%)", the other way: "... @ -300x300dpi"