You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Move to new install of windows on PC

Hello,

How do I move my Affinity Software to new windows install on same PC?

I doing a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro in a week or 2 and want to get ready.

So do I simply uninstall from current pc and then reinstall when new OS/drive is on pc?

Thanks in advance

Gren

@Grenpara

Hi.

Where did you buy the apps originally, direct from Serif or via the Microsoft store?

If you purchased direct from Serif, simply log into your account and you will have access to be able to download and reinstall the software, along with a list of your Product Keys, which you will need to allow installation to occur.

If you purchased via the M$ store, you will need to log into the store, using the same email and password as you used when first purchasing.  Clicking the three dots (ellipsis) at the top right corner of the opening screen will allow you to click "My library", which will then show you all the apps you have purchased and allow you to download and reinstall your Affinity apps.  (In this case no key is needed since the app is linked directly to your M$ store account.)

There is no need to uninstall the apps from your old machine unless you wish to do so.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

22 minutes ago, emmrecs01 said:

@Grenpara

Hi.

Where did you buy the apps originally, direct from Serif or via the Microsoft store?

If you purchased direct from Serif, simply log into your account and you will have access to be able to download and reinstall the software, along with a list of your Product Keys, which you will need to allow installation to occur.

If you purchased via the M$ store, you will need to log into the store, using the same email and password as you used when first purchasing.  Clicking the three dots (ellipsis) at the top right corner of the opening screen will allow you to click "My library", which will then show you all the apps you have purchased and allow you to download and reinstall your Affinity apps.  (In this case no key is needed since the app is linked directly to your M$ store account.)

There is no need to uninstall the apps from your old machine unless you wish to do so.

HTH

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for fast reply to my post, i really appreciate it.

I thought I had to deactivate old versions somehow to reinstall like my adobe software.
I just wanted to be sure before I do it to avoid fighting like I do with Adobe.

Thanks for the help

Gren