You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo/Designer on Second Computer

I'm trying to put Photo and Designer on a second iMac and when I do I get this message:

"You can’t open the application “Affinity Designer.app” because it is not supported on this type of Mac."

I'm running macOS Sierra 10.12.6 and specs for the Mac compatibility are for 12.7 and later.

Anyone have some insight? I can put these apps on two different Mac computers without a second purchase, can't I?

Thanks!

16 hours ago, DigitalDust said:

I can put these apps on two different Mac computers without a second purchase, can't I?

You certainly can.  I have my copies on both my personal iMac at home and my office iMac at work.

You've mentioned the version of macOS that's installed on your problem iMac, but you've not said a word about the model.  Perhaps the problem stems from not meeting the hardware requirements?  Take a look here: 

If you don't know your iMac's specs off the top of your head, go to the  menu and select About This Mac - that should clarify most of the points mentioned as the requirements…

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

8 hours ago, GaryLearnTech said:

If you don't know your iMac's specs off the top of your head, go to the  menu and select About This Mac - that should clarify most of the points mentioned as the requirements…

I don't know how important it really is, but Apple says you should not post the serial number of your Mac in public forums. So if you take a screenshot of the "About this Mac" window & post it, it might be a good idea to obscure the S/N or omit that part of the shot.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

On 8/10/2019 at 8:14 AM, GaryLearnTech said:

You certainly can.  I have my copies on both my personal iMac at home and my office iMac at work.

You've mentioned the version of macOS that's installed on your problem iMac, but you've not said a word about the model.  Perhaps the problem stems from not meeting the hardware requirements?  Take a look here: 

Yeah, I checked off all the compatibility boxes before posting my question.

The older iMac is a late year 2010 and has all the specifications listed in the affinity spec run down, that’s why I am a bit confused why it isn’t working.