You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to resize to a specific size without resample?

Any .jpg I open is at default 72dpi and correspondingly sometimes HUGE in mm. I usually want to have them at photo size and reasonable dpi's for that (I'm not real picky, anything over 200 dpi will mostly do for my purposes. :huh: :o . Yes, not pro stuff).

So.

If I try to resize the document for print size and dpi's I can usually do this without changing the amount of pixels (and introducing lots of jarring and blotchiness), a 6MPixel jpg prints beautifully on a 4x6". So to do this I should turn resample off, No? On my old Win7 when I set the size to mm, turn resample off, I can change the dpi and the mm changes along with it to display the resulting size. Not so on Photo as far as I currently know. In Photo I have to guesstimate the dpi for the mm size I want, apply the resize, reopen the resize document dialog and see what actually happened. Then uncheck resample again and guess closer.

There's got to be a better way! Please enlighten me?!?

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.