You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text 100% black? (Publisher)

Is there anyone who can tell me how I get the text 100% black in the PDF while I export in Affinty Publisher.
Every PDF I make with the standard setting is fully CMYK including the text.(overprint black change nothing)

7 hours ago, Peejee said:

text 100% black in the PDF while I export in Affinty Publisher.
Every PDF I make with the standard setting (...) overprint black change nothing

Although there is a default ready-made 100 K swatch (between the "no color" and "gray" icons, as shown in Palatino's screenshot) it might not fit to your needs:

Unfortunately there is still a bug with overprint on export as PDF version 1.7, as used in the default PDF export preset "for print":
It refuses to export an overprinting 100 K black, regardless of the overprint checkbox in the "more" export options, and also regardless of either applied with the default swatch or with a custom global swatch which in particular is set to "Overprint".

v442 swatches 100 K _v1.7.pdf

To achieve overprinting black text, for instance to avoid knocked-out colors underneath, you still need to export as a different PDF version, for instance PDF/X-3 does work.

v442 swatches 100 K _X-3.pdf

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

I'm experiencing the same issues with K100% text not overprinting and even tried PDF/X-3, with op ticked. I would have thought that if I open the pdf in Affinity Photo I would see the results in the cmyk channels. Definitely not overprinting but knocking out in all 4 seps viewing it that way. Unless that's a flawed way to check that a pdf is knocking out or overprinting? A preview overprint simulation tick box in Affinity Publisher would be the ideal scenario.

Can anyone please check this test pdf/x-3 for me?

text OP pdfx3.pdf

Thanks in advance!

18 minutes ago, heatherl said:

I'm experiencing the same issues with K100% text not overprinting and even tried PDF/X-3, with op ticked. I would have thought that if I open the pdf in Affinity Photo I would see the results in the cmyk channels. Definitely not overprinting but knocking out in all 4 seps viewing it that way. Unless that's a flawed way to check that a pdf is knocking out or overprinting? A preview overprint simulation tick box in Affinity Publisher would be the ideal scenario.

Can anyone please check this test pdf/x-3 for me?

text OP pdfx3.pdf

Thanks in advance!

Yes, it is fine.