You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey all, I have been searching all over for an answer on this and can't find any info.

Sometimes when I go to make an HSL adjustment in the photo persona, the window pops up and displays this arch, along with a cut off view of the color nodes. It seems to switch back and forth at random--I have no idea what I might be doing to make it change from this view to the regular one with the full color wheel and full view of various color nodes. Usually if I wait awhile and try again, it goes back to normal.

Any idea why this is happening? I'm new, so I realize it could be some setting or something I've overlooked. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 8.20.53 PM.png

• Staff

Hi ctrubac and Welcome to the Forums,

Just checked this with our QA department who have ran into the issue before but haven't been able to replicate it.

Couple of basic questions which may help, do you have more than one monitor connected to your Mac?  Also do you have any scaling enabled under Display in System Preferences or is it set to the Default for display? 

Also if you go into Preferences for Affinity and on the Performance tab, if Metal Compute Enable?  If so, try disabling it, restarting Affinity and see if the issue happens again.

I use a 2018 13" Macbook Pro with two external monitors connected. Scaling is enabled for the built-in display on the Macbook, but not on the external displays (which I am typically using for editing). I am not sure if I've ever had this issue while using my Mac without the external displays.

I have disabled the Metal setting and will post back once I have had a chance to use the software a bit without it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2019 at 10:19 AM, stokerg said:

Also if you go into Preferences for Affinity and on the Performance tab, if Metal Compute Enable?  If so, try disabling it, restarting Affinity and see if the issue happens again.

I have encountered the problem again while connected to an external display with the Metal setting disabled. I spent a couple weeks editing exclusively from my laptop with no external displays and did not encounter the issue, so it seems pretty clear that the external display is somehow triggering the problem.