You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

It's what the topic title says, the further you zoom in, the slower the brushes becomes. If you're zoomed way out brushes perform between well to acceptable, depending on their complexity. As you keep zooming in, the performance drops further and further until they're unusable.

This is true even for basic round brushes, but it's more noticeable in complex brushes, such as Frankentoon's. I've also noticed it's worse if you're drawing over vector shapes, which is the whole point of these brushes. See the video for a visual reference.

iPad Pro 9.7" with latest version of iOS 12.4 and Affinity Designer 1.7.1.

I've tested and this also happens on Windows, the more you zoom the worse the brushes perform. But on Windows, especially on a desktop machine, the sheer processor power masks the issue.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I am experiencing same issue with Affinity Photo/Publish on a 1080p document.

In the past I always thought my machine/brush was not usable because of the large latency. Now I realize if I zoom out it's noticeably faster.

It's hard to see from the video alone although it's already 60FPS - it's much more perceivable when you are actually drawing it with a tablet. I think it's expected because it's issue with hardware/software latency.