You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Strange mis-matched colour situation

Windows 10 Home 1903, Publisher 1.7.1.404.
I created a new document, changed the margins, added some row/column guides and created some global colours and I now find myself in a strange situation where the colour of the only layer in the document is different in the master page to how it shows in a ‘normal’ page. See attached GIF and AFPUB.
I saved the document and re-opened and the problem is still there. I can also change the colour of the layer to any other colour and it stays the same colour on the ‘normal’ page. The Blend Mode of the layer is Normal.
Also, when editing the master page linked I can change the colour of the layer on the normal page but it doesn’t change on the master page.
I’ve reported this as a bug but am I just missing something incredibly basic here?

Note: Please ignore the row/column guides going weird, that's just the GIF recording, they're fine on-screen.

mis-matched-colour.afpub

mis-matched-colours.gif

Edited by GarryP

Pauls, I’m still a little confused.
Would you be able to explain a bit more please?
Specifically:
1. How can a Rectangle layer have a Text Colour? A Rectangle has no Text as far as I’m aware. Did you mean Fill Colour or have I misunderstood?
2. I figured out how to use Edit Detached – turns out to be a very neat feature – but I’m quite sure I didn’t do this before. Is it possible to detach a Property of a master object by accident in some other way?
Reapplying the master page did indeed get me back to where I wanted to be but I would like to know how I got myself into the situation in the first place. That way I can try and stop myself from doing it again accidentally.

Adding a global colour from an object on the master page and then editing that global colour or renaming it will cause the Fill & Stoke attributes to become detached from the object on normal pages.

It also seems to detach the Fill & Stoke attributes from all other objects that don't use that global colour (go figure!)

As well as editing global colours or renaming them there may be other operations regarding global colours that cause the same effect detailed above

There would appear to be at least one or possibly more than one bugs here 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, carl123 said:

There would appear to be at least one or possibly more than one bugs here

Which, Carl? At least one, or possibly more than one, or perhaps both? :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I can recreate the problem with this simple workflow:
* Create a new document (any size/orientation);
* Edit the default “Master A” master spread;
* Create a rectangle (or any other shape);
* Double-click the Fill icon (in the Swatches panel) and change the colour (and close the dialog);
* Right-click the rectangle and choose “Add to Swatches → From Fill as Global”;
* Rename the newly-created colour via the Swatches panel (any name will do);
* Double-click the Fill icon again and change the colour.
The colour of the rectangle is now different on the normal page to what it is on the master spread.