You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

29 minutes ago, DjMsBunny said:

Do I need the publisher to build my site?

Sorry no, Publisher is DTP software and has nothing in common with e.g. Dreamweaver.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

I bought web plus 8 from serif, then they came out with affinity, but web plus 8 is no longer supported and I need tech support, so none of affinity can I rebuild my site on? my site now is done on web plus 8 , but I dont have control of it, my webmaster is fired & he had it all on his computer. So what do I need?

@DjMsBunny Who are you hosting your website with? Ideally you should have access to the cPanel, you can download all the assets and webpages, You can do a similar thing if you have an FTP client like Filezilla but you need login details for FTP and cPanel. I would also change all the passwords as soon as you can.

Talk to your website Host and explain the situation I'm sure they will help you.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I have 1and1ionis and yes we have FTP and I have download the the stuff from there and have it all on my computer and all passwords have been changed..but I do not have control of my web site to make changes. and now since streaming lic has closed there door have to change my listen live button to Live365 and I cant do that. so I have to rebuild my site and I am just learning..

If this is the BlueThunder website changing the listen live button to LIVE365 is relatively simple for anyone that knows HTML

They would just download the HTML files, globally replace the existing link URL (http://www.streamlicensing.com..................................) to the new link and reupload the files

You should also check whether the previous webmaster uploaded the *.wpp file to the server as that would make it even easier just to reopen the website in WebPlus X8 

I suggest you seek help on the WebPlus forum

https://community.serif.com/forum?products=webplus

You may even find someone willing to take over the webmaster role for you and manage it or rebuild it using the files already available via FTP

But check for that *.wpp file first as life is so, so simple if that exists.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Sorry to here all this, it can be very frustrating when this sort of thing happens, but look at it this way, when something is going wrong, it's probably going right. Have control over your website is paramount and that includes the template. Lesson learnt eh!

What Operating System are you using?

There are some easy to use apps out there such as WYSIWYG web builder, they do a Windows and Mac version, I've linked to the tutorial pages to see if it's something you could get along with, they've been around for quite a while. Another app is Artistseer. They both do Trials so you can see if you can create an accurate facsimile, or an even better website :D

If you are on Mac there is Blocs, It's very easy to use and good for learning, I doubt you'd need anything better while you learn.

Would be interesting to see your website, just being nosy lol!

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Lesson learned the hard way. I have battled this a long time, was doing good using webplus 8 until I had an issue and couldn't get help. I am teaching my self which hasn't been easy..lol I am running Windows 10. Thank You I will check them out.