You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Black and white Lines appear when using Selection Brush Tool

Hi :) 

I have been trying to use the Selection Brush tool, to put an object from a photo i have taken, on to a white background. But after pressing "refine" and putting the white background, som square lines seem to appear (Some times they are white, other times they are black). It has happened before when using it and i can´t seem to make them disappear. It is possible for me to erase the lines with the erase brush tool, but it takes too much time to do every time.

What am i doing wrong, and how can i remove them? 

Best regards,

Emma.

Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 11.35.39 PM.png

55669639_2127262557323016_1980152456587247616_n.png

• Staff

Hi emmamagnethi and Welcome to the Forums,

It's almost as if not the whole image was selected when you made the mask and the fact you can erase them with the Erase tool means it is left over pixel data (to me anyway).  I just tried replicating this on an image but couldn't.

Could you attach the afdesign file and one of the images you are cutting out and i'll try recreating the issue.  If you'd rather not attach them, you can upload them here to our private dropbox :) 

Thank you for the response.

Yes, it probably is. Im just not sure how to do it differently when i use the selection brush tool to cut it out from the original image (im a beginner with this program) :7_sweat_smile:  

Thanks for trying to help, i attached the affinity design file and the photo i was working with. 

Best regards, 

Emma.

Anticellulite-square-AFNT.afdesign

vNmlFXmERCarXWM3YGNosw_thumb_3a91.jpg

• 1 year later...