You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo underexposes RAW files

Hi, 

Opened any RAW files in AF to find the exposure crushed if i raise the exposure compensation highlights get blown before the whole image is properly exposed - this should not be like this (all my files are now like this where as they were not before). I have reset the program, my computer, studio, custom tools to no avail. 

Any ideas where i can find a path to resolve? 

Thanks 

PS going sleep, wont check until around 10am UTC.

2 hours ago, ZestyOnion said:

Opened any RAW files in AF to find the exposure crushed if i raise the exposure compensation highlights get blown before the whole image is properly exposed - this should not be like this (all my files are now like this where as they were not before). I have reset the program, my computer, studio, custom tools to no avail. 

Any ideas where i can find a path to resolve? 

What release of Affinity Photo are you using? What OS (Windows, Mac)?

Are you developing to 32-bit RGB or 16-bit RGB?

If 32-bit, and Windows, do you have an HDR-capable monitor? (While in the Develop Persona, if you look at the 32-Bit Preview studio panel, is the "Enable HDR Monitor" setting available, and checked?) If so, have you tried the latest Affinity Photo Beta, posted near the top of the Photo Beta on Windows forum?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

39 minutes ago, ZestyOnion said:

For reasons unknown to be the Beta version fixed the issue

If you're on Windows, and using 32-bit files, and have an HDR monitor, there was a known issue that's fixed in the beta. If not, then maybe you just got lucky and the beta fixed something else I don't know about :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1