You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Layers moving on their own

I have been trying to create patterns with Affinity Designer and this last week I’ve been having a lot of trouble with the layers. If I move one layer, it will fling other layers off of the art board that were not selected. In the video I attached, it’s pixel layers that are doing it, but vector layers hav been doing it as well. I have the latest version on my iPad. I have closed the program and restarted it. I have shut down the iPad and restarted it. Sometimes it won’t move the layers on its own. And sometimes it does. This is immensely frustrating. Can anyone help me?

• Staff

Hi Epatriquin

Welcome to the Affinity Forums!

It looks like it is being caused by the Symbols. I've seen similar stuff with Symbols before. Would you be able to attach a copy of the document shown in your video please, so we can try to reproduce it and pass it on to development please?

Thanks!